The Communications function is responsible for handling the internal and external communications within the Authority. The section handles information issued to license holders and public relations matters. It is also responsible for the preparation of corporate publications and for the development and maintenance of the Authority’s internet and intranet sites.
The Administrative Assistant in Grade 9 will be involved in the following:
- Manage procurement-related paper work, liaising directly with suppliers, and keeping a record of expenses related to the Unit
- Monitor digital news and print media coverage to circulate as necessary Manage the Authority's Library of third party publications and subscriptions
- Managing databases for mail shots and events
- Manage organisation of local and international events
- Supporting the implementation of campaigns, including media plan, procuring merchandise, obtaining rate cards, booking adverts etc.
- Statistical and KPIs reporting related to campaigns and the Team's initiative
- Support with the handling of queries received from consumers and corporate clients via phone calls, under the supervision of the Client relations officer
- Support with the management of enquiries received via email and social media platforms under the supervision of the Client relations officer
- Other administrative tasks, such as ordering stationery and maintaining store
- To handle communications with external parties and provide excellent customer service
- To handle any other duties as assigned by the Unit Director and as dependent on the exigencies of the Communications Unit and the Authority
- We are looking for candidates with a Diploma in Marketing, Business or related discipline OR a comparable recognised financial qualification at NQF level 5 duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*. ECDL certification or an equivalent proof of computer literacy would be an asset.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least three (3) years working in an Administrative environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
- Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- good communication skills
- good analytical skills and an eye for detail
- good presentation skills
- ability to work within a team
- ability to organise, prioritise and deal with a broad variety of issues
- good command of English and Maltese both spoken and written.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.