Administrative Assistant (Training) within the Human Resources & Development Unit
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant (Training) within the Human Resources & Development Unit|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 15:05|
Human Resource & Development Unit
The HR Unit within the MFSA performs three distinct roles. Firstly, it delivers a supportive service to all the other MFSA Units and ensures the satisfaction of legal and administrative compliance requirements governing recruitment, appraisal and training. Secondly, it acts as a business partner in the delivery of HR practices and services that support the Authority’s demands of its management and all its employees. Thirdly, it takes an active part in the co- ordination, support and development of training for financial services practitioners and potential employees in the sector (including students) through initiatives taken by the MFSA Education Consultative Council (ECC).
Purpose behind the Recruitment
With the increase in the number of newly engaged employees within the Authority, the MFSA is seeking to recruit a member at an Administrative level, to carry out general administrative duties and to assist the Training Manager within the HR & Development Unit in day-to-day tasks. The selected candidate should possess a Diploma level of education.
- A Diploma in Training and Development OR Human Resources Management related discipline OR a comparable recognised financial qualification at NQF level 5 duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*.
- A minimum of two (2) ‘A’ levels, preferably one of which being in English or any other subject.
- Eight (8) ‘O’ levels including English, Maltese and Mathematics.
- ECDL certification or an equivalent proof of computer literacy.
Previous experience in a similar position and/or environment would be considered an asset.
The selected candidate will be expected to apply his/her academic qualifications and work experience to the various day to day duties as directed by the Director of the Human Resources and Development Unit or any other official who the Director delegates for such purpose. Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken may include any of the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Unit:
- General Office duties to support the Training Section within the HR & Development Unit, including: filing, managing incoming and outgoing of mail, and following correspondence electronically;
- Coordinating tasks in relation to demands for in-house and local training, including: issuing calls for nominations internally, administering registrations, liaising with nominees, following up attendance to courses, monitoring payments relating to course registrations, keeping of training records, and seeing to logistics arrangements;
- Monitoring of staff members’ obligations following overseas travel;
- Assisting the Training Manager in the updates of records vis-à-vis newly recruited/appointed employees and following up on their probation or trial periods;
- Assisting the Training Manager in the delivery of presentations during students’ familiarisation visits at the MFSA;
- Providing support to the Training Manager in the preparation, implementation, administration and monitor of the annual MFSA’s ECC Job Exposure Programme for secondary school students;
- Liaising with the Training Manager in the management of Training schemes;
- Providing support to the Training Manager on Health & Safety matters including
- Other day-to-day training and development related duties that may arise as assigned by the Director of the Human Resources and Development Unit or any other official who the Director delegates for such purpose.
Soft Skills Required
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Self-confidence, pleasant personality, be smart and alert
- Ability to organise, prioritise and deal with a broad variety of issues
- A good command of English and Maltese both spoken and written.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Vacancy of Administrative Assistant (Training) within the Human Resources & Development Unit
Vacancy for Administrative Assistant (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism) within the Enforcement Unit Introduction
Vacancy for Analyst Grade 2 (International Sanctions) within the Enforcement Unit
Vacancy of Systems Administrator (Manager Grade 2) within the ICT Unit
Vacancy of ICT Support Officer - Clerk Grade 2 within the ICT Unit