18 days ago
A well-established institution is seeking to employ an Administrative Assistant to support its growing operations in the Supervision and Enforcement Section.
- Keeping updated records of incoming and outgoing correspondence received/sent by the Supervision & Enforcement Section, as well as in assisting in the preparation of outgoing correspondence.
- Managing the retention and storage of documents received/used by the Supervision & Enforcement Section to ensure that these are available as and when required.
- Maintaining subject person databases and files used by the Supervision & Enforcement Section and ensuring that these are kept updated at all times as well as updating any other database used for statistical purposes.
- Assist in preparatory work for events organised by the Supervision & Enforcement Section and to coordinate booking arrangements for events attended by team (e.g. workshops, seminars and other training courses). This may also include liaising with the Corporate Services Section in relation to the organisation of staff travel arrangements.
- Responsible for answering to telephone calls and enquiries, and to handle them as appropriate.
- Provide general administrative support to the Supervision & Enforcement staff, as required and to perform any other related functions as may be directed by the Managers & Senior Manager.
- Applicants must have A-level standard of education and well skilled in Microsoft Office tools. Preference may be given to applicants in possession of a qualification in administration.
- Applicants must be able to work both independently and as part of a team, be well organised, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- The selected candidate is expected to have a professional attitude and appearance, have excellent telephone manners and be fluent in either Maltese or English language.
- Demonstrated secretarial and administrative experience in a similar role and the possession of a relevant ICT qualification will be considered favourably.