|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant|
|Job Published:||February 27, 2018 11:22|
Vacancy for Administrative Assistant (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism) within the Enforcement Unit
The specific information being provided below is in addition to and complements the basic details included in the relevant public call for the vacancy in question.
The Enforcement Unit
Enforcement - The Enforcement Unit is responsible for reviewing the actions and where necessary conducting investigations of licence holders who have or are suspected of having committed serious compliance failures, serious misconduct or any other serious breaches of the law. The Enforcement Unit has a cross sectorial enforcement role and covers all areas falling under the MFSA’s supervisory function. The Enforcement Unit furthermore investigates the actions of persons carrying on financial services activities without having the necessary licence or authorisation. The Unit investigates also suspicious or dubious schemes and takes the appropriate action in such cases, including reporting suspicion of criminal activities to the police.
AML/CFT - The Enforcement Unit is responsible also for anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) supervision of MFSA licence holders. This consists in the supervision of compliance by MFSA licence holders with the requirements of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations and the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (FIAU) Implementing Procedures. Supervision is carried out by the MFSA jointly with the FIAU in a coordinated and integrated manner and with a risk-based approach.
International Sanctions - The remit of the Enforcement Unit includes also the monitoring of developments in the area of international (financial) sanctions issued from time to time by the United Nations Security Council, the European Union and through national legislation. The Unit seeks to ensure that licence holders are aware, understand and comply with the requirements of international sanctions and other restrictive measures including sanctions lists, and provides them with information and guidance thereon.
Purpose behind the Recruitment
Through this recruitment, the MFSA is looking for applicants preferably with a financial services related Diploma or a Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering studies to increase the current pool of internal skills in the Unit. The eventual appointee will be appointed at a senior clerical/administrative level and will support a multidisciplinary team of analysts and management within the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit.
- Diploma in a financial services related discipline OR a Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering studies OR a Diploma in an area which is otherwise considered relevant to the functions and duties attached to this post, recognised at NQF level 5 or better duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)*;
- Eight (8) ‘O’ Levels including English and Mathematics;
- ECDL Certification or an equivalent proof of computer literacy.
- Possession of proven clerical and/or secretarial and administrative work experience preferably in a financial services environment.
The Administrative Assistant (Anti-Money Laundering & Combating Financing of Terrorism) will work closely with and support a multi-disciplinary team of analysts and management within the AML/CFT Section of the Enforcement Unit.
The selected candidate will be expected to carry out the various day to day duties as directed by the Director of the Unit or any other official delegated for this purpose. Within this scope, the duties to be undertaken include the following in accordance with the exigencies of the Unit:
- General administrative and clerical duties in support of the analytical team and senior management
- Providing support to the Director and Deputy Director
- Drafting of documents and correspondence
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Coordination and preparation of replies to court investigation, attachment and freezing orders
- Processing due diligence requests from Authorisations Unit and supervisory units
- Rendering, validating and uploading of data on the Unit and/or MFSA databases, including Risk Assessment Matrix Tool
- Compilation of statistical data and producing statistical reports for management
- Liaison with IT Unit
- Other day-to-day duties according to the exigencies of the Unit as may be required.
Soft Skills Required
- ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines;
- good written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to work within a team;
- ability to work on own initiative when required;
Applications will be received by not later than Monday, 26th March 2018.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. The client, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at this company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's