An upscale international chain of full service hotel brand is currently looking for an accounts executive who will be reporting to the assistant financial controller.
The selected candidate will be in charge of the day to day processing of all invoices.
- Compares purchase orders to invoices and distributes to proper Department Head for approval
- Audits invoices for errors, corrects as necessary
- Attaches invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents
- Processes approved invoices in the computer, and balances the open invoices to the computer listings
- Ensures correct charging amount by coding invoices
- Reconciles all statements, requests missing invoices, and makes adjustments as necessary
- Summarises payments due and communicates cash needs to the Controller for approval subsequently prepare payments.
- Ensures appropriate support documentation is obtained and attached to the invoices before payment is made
- Researches travel agency commission checks and performs necessary follow-up
- Maintains all necessary files and registers for accounts payable
- Prepares all appropriate period closing reports and entries
- Highly motivated, smart, able to work under minimum supervision, on own initiative and under pressure.
- The candidate must preferably have experience in Accounting.
- An ‘A’ level qualification is a requisite.
- Working knowledge of SUN Accounting and Microsoft Excel is essential.