A leading bank is looking for a final year Accounts student to join their Accountancy department as an Intern.
The chosen candidate will be assisting in the below roles:
- Processing and reviewing the day to day and month end financial accounting processes and recording, ensuring these are in compliance with Group, Regulatory and accounting and insurance standards requirements
- Preparing of the monthly management accounts and Group financial reporting (GRCA)
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly business performance and MI reporting, inclusive of analytical commentaries to Group Insurance Finance
- Preparing of Value Added Tax returns
- Acting as reconciler / reviewer of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and substantiation processes
- Assisting in the update and implementation of changes to Accounting policies
- Assisting in the quarterly and annual regulatory reporting to the MFSA and CBM in accordance with Solvency II Regulatory requirements; including QRTs, NSTs, SFCR and RSR
- Assisting in the authorising Unit-Linked Funds pricing and maintaining accurate levels of underlying Assets to match the Unit-Linked liabilities.
- Ensuring a robust internal and financial controls framework is in place with regards of own areas of responsibilities
- Identifying and implementing improvements and streamlining opportunities
- Undertake other adhoc assignments and project work as delegated by management
Essential Skills needed for the role:
- Experience in financials, double entry and regularity reporting is a must
- Possess a high level of computer literacy, with a solid knowledge of Excel.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Ability to work to tight timescales and multitask
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Insurance knowledge is an asset
The chosen candidate needs to be in their final year of studies (Degree/ACCA)