€30,000 - €35,000
27 days ago
A brand that develops and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients for pharmaceutical clients is currently looking for an Accountant to join its team. Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Up keeping of Financial Controls / Financial Analysis and Costing Analysis;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts & Group Reporting;
- Monitoring of expenditure against budget ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place;
- Liaising of VAT and Tax related matters ensuring legal compliance is adhered to;
- Assists in producing month-end account analyses and perform bank reconciliations
- Prepares monthly financial results of company activity.
- Assists in the audit of Company accounts.
- Assists in the preparation of the departmental budgets.
- Performs closing procedures in support of month-end general ledger close such as preparing journal entries, reconciling bank and general ledger accounts.
- Oversee and manage the administration and invoicing/payment function.
Experience and Skills
- A tertiary level of education with a Degree in Accountancy;
- At least three to four years work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment;
- Good knowledge of the Maltese Local taxation legislations especially VAT;
- Be able to understand and interpret production costings variances;
- Proficient in Word and Excel; experience with SAP is an advantage;