|Salary:||€28,000 - €30,000|
|Contact Name:||Justina Zammit|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2018 15:27|
A group of companies specialising in various retails brands is currently looking for an Accountant to support the Head of Finance.
- Closure of AP Ledger/AR Ledger/Nominal Ledger for the current period (SFM)
- Opening of AP Ledger/AR Ledger/Nominal Ledger for the following period (SFM) (including changes in ROE)
- Standard Journal Entries (include release of Prepayment and monthly Accruals)
- Align Prepayments and Accrual accounts.
- Fixed Asset module maintenance
- Review of P/L and B/S before closure
- Generate/ Supervise to creation of the monthly Management accounts for your respective entities
- Review Bank and Supplier reconciliations before signoff from Head of Finance
- Reply to ad hoc queries in relation to management accounts
- Managing and supporting a team of 4-5 persons
- Review of Payment Runs both monthly and weekly
- Cash flow forecast to be updated on a monthly basis for entities under your remit
- Quarterly returns – checking and preparing VAT return
- Checking of Data Management Receipts and Costings
- Support Data collection for Interim/ Yearend Audit and coordinating with auditors
- Support Head of Finance with Quarterly Group Consolidation preparation
- Co-ordinate with Bank relationship officer re: Bank queries
- Ad hoc duties (include monitoring Loan Drawdowns, Contracts, checking BOQ’s, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and internal controls;
- Monthly review meetings with direct reports
Skills and experience
- The ideal candidate must be half way through ACCA or fully qualified.
- Must have previous experience in a similar role
- Financial accounting business acumen
- Competent financial modelling skills in Excel