An established investment group focusing on the Subcontinent, Asia, Middle East and North Africa is looking to recruit an Accountant for its new branch in Mauritius
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting.
- Perform general accounting tasks required for the month end close for all the investment managers and investment advisors in the Group. This will primarily involve preparing journal entries (input, processing and posting), as well as preparing accrual and prepaid schedules, reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts and inter-company balances.
- Control the recording of bank movements including preparing bank journals, bank reconciliations, daily bank statement, and recording client receipts.
- Maintaining the general ledger and Trial Balance of all the group entities in the accounting system.
- Preparing detailed general ledger and trial balance reports from the accounting system on the monthly basis for the review by the Group Head office.
- Assist with the reconciliation of accounts and maintaining monthly schedules.
- Preparing ad-hoc reports from the accounting system as required by the Group Head Office (needs to become highly proficient in our accounting system, Sun System and Tally).
- Assist with various ad-hoc project work as required.
- Good verbal and written English.
- Team player.
- Enthusiastic, dedicated, hardworking and committed to meeting deadlines.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- University degree or equivalent.
- ACCA/CA or studying for ACCA/CA with at least 3-5 years experience.
- Previous work experience within a Finance Team/Fund Administrator is essential.