about 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Castille Labs is looking for a Virtualisation Engineer for one of its client who is in the tech/gaming space. the company is looking for a critical thinker with an attention to detail and an ability to juggle multiple priorities. The chosen candidate will be playing a key role in managing software release activities in the Digital Team using industry best practices for release, configuration and implementation management.
For this opportunity the candidate will have to travel to Malta for a minimum period of 3 months and s/he will be working in our offices in Ebene, Mauritius.
- Excellent Planning, Organization, Tracking and monitoring skills.
- A ‘can-do’ and positive attitudes
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple and concise terms
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Very Good Knowledge of IP Networking and IT security
- The ability to show wisdom in making decisions and acts under pressure in times of crisis with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic.
- If you have a University degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 5 years of relevant experience.
- By possessing a professional IT certifications (ITIL, MCSE, CCNA, LPIC)
- Experience in designing and managing virtual infrastructures such as VMware and OpenStack
- Experience delivering and improving storage (SAN/NAS) services.
- Providing technical recommendations on the selection of new systems related enterprise infrastructure
- Driving operational efficiencies that reduce cost and improve systems
- Being responsible to cooperate with all team members to successfully deliver projects on time
- Monitoring, maintaining and maturing storage, virtualization and tools associated systems and processes.
- Effectively overseeing installation and maintenance of hardware and software assets, within a framework of industry standards, by Third Parties
- Continuously identifying and recommending opportunities to leverage technology to improve the existing systems and processes.
- Producing technical/non-technical guide and documentation for new or modified systems/processes
- Producing effective project reporting
- Conducting proactive housekeeping of Systems and Infrastructure to ensure high availability and disaster recoveries are successful.
- Prioritizing work according to the company needs and escalate in a timely manner when required
- Handling operations, support and deployment of Systems according to IT schedules
- Adhering to company policies regarding data access, protection, integrity and security
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers, internal and external customers
- Addressing issues as appropriate to mitigate team conflicts and communication problems
- Doing explicit Knowledge sharing activities with all team members