4 months ago
09 Mar 00:00
Something big is brewing in the world of TV ... so we're looking for more Engineers to join our team!
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join our Digital team as a TV NOC Engineer who will be reporting to the Senior Video Systems Engineer. You will be based in our TV Headend in Naxxar and although this is a regular office-hours job, at times you may be needed to work during the weekends or at nights to accommodate business needs.
In this position, you will be handling operational tasks, troubleshooting system and service issues, and supporting the Senior Video Engineer in deploying patches, performing periodic operational changes, test releases prior customer launch and systems backup. You will shine in this role by ensuring a high level of service quality is maintained at the TV service provided to our customers, reducing downtime and operational issues as much as possible.
We’re not particularly looking for someone with experience however if you are passionate about technology, have a flair for video, and enjoy learning, you surely will thrive in this opportunity!
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- A recognised ICT/Engineering related Degree.
- A flair for video or broadcast technologies. Working experience in this area would be an asset.
- Be fluent spoken and written English in view of constant liaising with international parties.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Vocational courses such as CCNA, MCSE, LPI etc., or video and RF related qualifications
- Have experience in the area of TV systems and have previous experience in a highly IT oriented environment
If you think you've got what it takes, this is a glimpse of what you'd be doing:
- Monitor and maintain TV and video equipment. Carry out configuration changes, minor deployments and troubleshoot issues on:
- Video Routers / Video Processors / Audio Mixers
- Supporting equipment such as: MIP inserters and GPS receivers, IP routers/switches
- Satellite dishes and RF equipment
- Monitor and operate IT systems in use at the TV Headend, including:
- Network management systems
- Conditional Access Systems
- IPTV Middleware Systems
- IPTV Streaming & Fast Channel Change Systems
- Storage Systems
- Playout / Ingest / CG Systems
- EPG Parsing and Update Systems
- Web Streaming Servers
- Offline Transcoders
- IP Network infrastructure
- Ensure a timely response to all incidents/alarms, cases and outages is provided.
- Notify GO’s partners and content providers in case of issues, outages and upcoming maintenance works at the TV Headend.
- Act as Playout Supervisor when live feeds are being broadcast on GO’s channels, including evenings and weekends.