30 days ago
Excellent opportunity to join an established firm in Financial and Advisory services based in Malta.
- Managing and monitoring daily activities of the local team comprising of both technical and non-technical requirements
- Managing supplier and third-party relations
- IT or Security Project tasks executing and/or coordination
- IT systems maintenance planning
- Carrying out functional analysis based on incoming goals/requirements for new demands
- Building IT System technical specification requirements
- Process reengineering when required
- Reporting to and engaging with Senior Technology leadership, as well as supervising all procedural and compliance activities
- Monitoring Services and recommending potential operational improvements
- Mentoring and training team members
- Managing ad-hoc emergency requirements
- Ascertaining compliance for operational, administrative, legislative, and contractual obligations
- Engaging with stakeholders and supporting business operations
- Reporting regularly on team performance, IT risks and controls, performance management and delivery, security incidents and remediation as well as status reporting on all upcoming and work in progress.
- Collaborating with local and international teams to address operational issues and staff requirements
- Leading technical and operational efforts with the local team in the provisioning of service to end-users, stakeholders, and partners
- Managing various work streams comprised of regional, global, and local initiatives
- Taking On accountability for the work of the team, escalate or course correct when required
- Identifying problem areas, escalate swiftly, and propose strategic solutions early on
- Executing and managing project delivery initiatives
- Ascertain knowledge capture and documentation
- Taking point on planning, coordinating, and scheduling critical and non-negotiable IT Security and Cyber remediation activities
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years experience managing teams and running technology operations
- Minimum of a first degree in Computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Relevant industry certifications such as MSCE, MCSD, CCNA, CCNP, C|ND, CISM, CISSP, Prince2, CISA, etc.
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or similar role
- Highly proficient technical professional, with expertise in hardware, software, systems, process, and security appliances
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network systems engineering
- Strong IT technical background with the ability to articulate solutions to complex problems with ease
- Ability to communicate effectively with a non-technical audience
- Commitment to service delivery and quality.
- Customer service focus with a results-oriented mind-set.
- Able to manage time-sensitive workloads, at times under pressure.
- Team player, yet also able to work unsupervised
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English