9 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Excellent opportunity to join an established Technology firm in Malta as Technical Project and Release Manager.
Working within the Technology Department and reporting directly into the CTO, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the assigned technology project.
- Working well in a team environment. You will be assisting team members in all areas to achieve successful release cycles and retrospectively provides feedback for continuous improvement
- Monitoring and reporting the progress of every release cycle or delivery sprint for each project
- Skilled at organizing and communicating complex concepts. Capable of breaking down complex situations, this applies to both technical issues and process issues
- Actively researching new methodologies or best practices and propose new ways of working to continuously improve efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Working closely with the Product Owners and Product Manager to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution
- Be accountable for the technical deliverables including quality, compliance with project specifications within the committed timeframe
- Supporting the Product Owner and coordinating with the Technical teams during requirements gathering, phasing and presentation of such requirements to be reflected in defined timebound delivery cycles.
- Promoting continuous communication within the technical teams and across all the organisation
- Assisting the CTO and top management in presenting the current status, highlight risks and regularly report progress of all technology related projects
- Leading and facilitating project delivery meetings including project planning, sprint planning, sprint reviews and other planning meetings to ensure full team engagement
- Assisting the Solution Delivery and Installations teams with the project management and coordinate of both internal and external resources
- Owning the project management role with the Technology department coordinating team leaders and managing project resources and the overall progress of all the technical deliverables within the department
- Occasional travel may be required
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in engineering and/or software development functions in a technology-oriented organisation
- At least 5 years’ technical project management experience
- Certifications in Agile and / or classical procedural models such as PMI / SCRUM or ITIL will be considered as an asset
- Strong experience managing software development projects
- Experience with building and releasing management, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) will be considered as an asset
- Experience in managing solutions deployments in a live and critical environment.
- Advanced presentation skills and a knowledge of project management tools (Atlassian)
- Tools - JIRA/Confluence and MS-Project)
- Assertive, flexible, pro-active and resourceful
- Strong analytic skills and structured thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) and fluency in English .
- Motivated, self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently
- Team player with the ability to motivate people and drive results through influence and relationships