€50,000 - €60,000
about 2 months ago
A leading company providing enhanced network security is looking for a Software Architect who will be reporting to the Senior Technical Architect. You will acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business logic embodied in company’s software. Also, you will lead the design and architecture phases of projects, prototypes and changes within the existing estate.
- Breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks and communicate it with the development teams
- Review requirements, generate architecture documents and provide a rough order of magnitude estimates
- Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine functional and non-functional requirements whilst establishing a target architecture that combines the product roadmap, the latest technology platforms, and common architectural best practices
- Actively research new technologies and propose technical advances on current and future systems
- Work in a cross-functional team to deliver high-quality software
- Be accountable for the development teams’ deliverables including quality, security, modifiability, extensibility and other criteria set on per project basis.
- Provides technical direction and expertise to multiple projects and tasks
- Identifies and directs resolution of complex software issues
- Provides guidance to less-experienced software engineers
- Support the product owner with the requirements
- Occasional travel may be required
- First or Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in an active Software architect role, working on mission critical and high throughput systems, ideally knowledge of Java-based server-side/backend technologies, including Spring and Hibernate
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to understand and learn complex protocols
- Understanding of database fundamentals – both RDBMs and NoSQL technologies
- Experience with microservices and associated tools, such as Kafka, Zookeeper, RabbitMQ, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with Linux
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary teams and management
- Strong work ethics – with a passion towards achieving high precision and quality of work produced. Reliable timekeeping and attendance.
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
This position allows for remote working within the EU, UK and nearby non-EU countries in Eastern European region. Nonetheless, the company is based in Malta and local candidates or those willing to relocate are preferred.