11 months ago
24 May 00:00
We’re on the search for a bright, technical wizard who is up to the challenge of sustaining our Core Applications domain by maintaining, upgrading and supporting current and upcoming systems which includes converged real-time charging, subscriber & routing management and additional ancillary equipment, all supporting our Mobile and Fixed networks.
As a Systems Specialist, you will be involved in the fault diagnostics and preventive maintenance of our Core Applications. Incident and problem management will take a good chunk of your work day – you will be providing 3rd Level Support on issues arising, interfacing with both internal departments and vendors according to the need. Flexibility in this role is key: - because life is unpredictable, we might require your input to resolve third-level, network operation issues on core network elements outside normal office hours. You will also have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge of other key areas at GO by collaborating with the Engineering and Commercial departments on building Go-To-Market products and other projects.
In this role, you shall be using your ‘superpowers’ of detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting to get to the root of problems and come up with the best solution for their resolution. Tenaciousness and a sense of responsibility are key to ensure that our core applications continue to run seamlessly, thus providing continuous service to our customers. Strong people skills that will help you build relationships with your team and other stakeholders are crucial in making you a success in this role. Finally, you will stand out by having a thirst for learning and mastering new skills – however complicated they may seem!
Does this sound like you? Here’s how you can hit a few plus points for this position:
- Possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Technical IT or Engineering subject;
- Desirable technical skills:- IP Routing and Switching, LINUX, SQL and Database, Scripting, Protocol Knowledge of 3GPP and IETF;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Problem solving and logical skills;
- Ability to work well within a team;
- Have a positive attitude and can-do approach;
- In possession of a valid driving license.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Provides third level support in the area of Application Core systems;
- Performs the execution of installations, service provisioning, trouble-shooting and maintenance to ensure that desired and planned targets are achieved;
- Monitors KPIs and prepares technical reports as necessary;
- Proposes improvements in work practices to enhance the network quality, improve customer service and increase efficiency;
- Assists in the execution of projects, the implementation of preventive and corrective maintenance, the compilation and analysis of statistics, the execution of operational and maintenance procedures and other ad-hoc tasks as required;
- Liaises with peer team members or other sections or suppliers as necessary – this role may also require interfacing directly with customers;
- Performs equipment installations within GO’s premises or customer premises;
- Provides assistance on acceptance testing, modifications or necessary technical work configurations;
- Participates in a 24X7 emergency roster and works extra hours during silent hours when necessary;
- Provides training to other members of staff by preparing and presenting training material