21 days ago
A public organization committed to increase accessibility and reduction in vehicular traffic that is in operation in a number of major cities across Europe is seeking to recruit a Systems Administrator to form part of the Technical Team.
- Monitoring and maintenance of application software on Windows and Linux/UNIX platforms. The applications will generally run on a MySQL/MS-SQL and Apache/IIS backend.
- Servers performance, health check, SQL Data Restore, SQL Backups Archiving.
- Monitor connections with external systems.
- Oversee general IT requirements & recommend improvements.
- Liaison with various authorities including the relevant transport authorities, ministries and local government entities as may be required.
- Travel for business assignments outside of Malta may also be required.
- IT Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience using Linux and Windows servers.
- Great knowledge of LAN/WAN networking concepts.
- Familiar with MySQL databases.
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be assertive and ready to work outside normal working hours.