11 months ago
30 Jan 00:00
Firm in financial services providing advisory mainly in investment and wealth is currently looking for a Systems Administrator.
- IT infrastructure and hardware:
- Manage internet access, security and connectivity,
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults,
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks,
- Routine Server monitoring and maintenance backup and recovery,
- Printer maintenance,
- Management of user accounts and access policies.
- User Support:
- Respond to inquiries that are raised from the business and manage ticket progress until closure,
- Support the roll-out of new applications and working on projects as required by the business,
- Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time and assist other team members to ensure issues are resolved in a timely fashion within agreed service levels,
- Identification of regular issues and creation of user self-help guides to make users more self-sufficient.
- Contribute to departmental processes and best practices including identifying gaps and best practice improvements and documenting processes and procedures,
- Manage and ensure security compliance e.g. spam management, implementing new policy, vulnerability remediation,
- Remain up to date through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, attending training, conferences, and/or courses as directed by management, and obtaining certifications relevant to job duties,
- Being part of the Business Technology Support team and provide support and cover for other areas as and when required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in:
- Working within a corporate IT environment,
- Microsoft Office Suite - setup and troubleshooting knowledge,
- MS Office 365 and Azure Active Directory,
- Virtual Desktop environment and/or DaaS (ideally VM Horizon),
- Solid understanding of servers and network architecture, Windows Server Administration (2008 onwards),
- Active Directory, DNS and DHCP,
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP networking,
- Firewalls / Switches / Routers.
- Ability to:
- Understand hardware and software systems,
- Maintain confidentiality with regards to information processed, stored, or accessed by the systems is,
- Manage multiple concurrent activities and to effectively priorities workloads,
- Work with, communicate and train people possessing differing levels of technical knowledge.