9 months ago
02 Dec 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Take the driver’s seat in our systems transformation journey.
We are a telecommunications services company with an incredible range of technologies and application platforms. Our applications and systems are designed to ensure we have hundreds of thousands of happy customers who can stay connected to their loved ones every single microsecond. We are a technology company and we do not see technology as a cost, but as our bread and butter.
If you enjoy technology as much as we do, we are looking for a System Specialist to join our technology team and help us manage our state-of-the-art infrastructure. In this position, you will use your expertise to develop, improve, and maintain our Operational Support Systems (OSSs) such as Network Inventory, GIS, Service Activation, Trouble-ticketing systems and more. You will focus on leading the investigation and troubleshooting of issues that arise in the system(s) by assigning, allocating, and following up such issues with suppliers and various stakeholders.
You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure software applications are fully operational and in line with an established roadmap.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for technically-capable individuals with anywhere from two to five years of professional experience to take their careers to the next level with the latest infrastructure technologies.
If you want to gain valuable and varied business experience, work in a fast-paced environment, solve open-ended problems, and “peek behind the curtains” at how cutting-edge IT supports and protects businesses, then we’d love to hear from you!
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, technical or computer-related degree
- 2-5+ years of experience hands-on in administering and configuring large, complex IT applications;
- Experience in using JIRA;
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows; for Windows incl IIS, for Linux Apache/Nginx;
- Basic knowledge of REST, SOAP, Messaging; and testing such integration points;
- Basic knowledge of SQL on Oracle and/or MS SQL and/or Postgres;
- Basic Knowledge of networking;
- Basic project management skills.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- Experience working in a Telecommunications environment
- Experience in configuring Jira workflows
- Experience working in an agile development environment;
If the above describes you, here’s a glimpse of what you will be doing in this position:
- Covering the stages from procuring, developing, integrating, modifying, customizing, configuring, upgrading, operating, maintaining, monitoring and disposing the owned systems;
- Acquiring knowledge on the assigned system(s);
- Analysing and proposing solutions to OSS roadmap coming from yourself, software lead development or the Product Owner;
- Providing support to all the other team members covering complex tasks in the external and internal to the team;
- Providing expert input to technical discussions regarding the owned systems to use in the OSS domain;
- Managing interaction with vendors and provide support for solution budgets in terms of OPEX/CAPEX.