over 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
The SysOps Engineer is responsible for delivering highly available and scalable environments for cutting-edge technologies. The chosen candidate must be flexible to constant business and technology change, with the ability to interact and communicate collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Continue to build Vodafone’s portfolio of System Operations processes, practices and tools to empower and support operational teams.
- Work closely with DevOps and be involved in the initial design for new services and platforms to ensure that future-proof solutions are implemented.
- Continue maintaining and implementing new automation and orchestration tools with the intention of minimizing operational burden.
- Ensure availability, scalability, maintainability, monitoring of systems and achieve outstanding operational stability.
- Foster self-service and efficiency and wherever possible automating the processes of provisioning and maintaining continuous integration environments, supporting application operations activities, security and configuration.
- Continuously evaluate products, tools and solutions to enhance service capabilities.
- Work with the ultimate goal of detecting, investigating and mitigating incidents that impact operational stability.
Behaviour and Competencies
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements and develop solutions
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong creativity, problems solving skills and ability to apply original thinking to produce new ideas and innovative solutions
- Strong collaboration skills that enable coordination of activities between technical teams
- Willingness to track, assess and incorporate practice and technology developments into day-to-day working
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and learn new skills rapidly
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Information Systems or other related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining, servicing and supporting enterprise grade services and platforms.
- Extensive experience with a wide array of operating systems, especially Linux.
- Extensive experience with virtualisation and orchestration technologies, such as VMWare, Docker, Docker Swarm / Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Ansible, Minio, GlusterFS, etc.
- Extensive experience in scripting, such as Bash or Perl
- Extensive experience with a number of database technologies, including RDBMSs and NoSQL.
- Knowledge of load balancers, such as F5.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Technologies, networking protocols and client-server communication.
- Previous experience working in an agile environment with multiple teams.
- Previous experience in designing, testing and deploying cutting-edge environments supporting continuous integration and delivery using a variety of technologies.