€35,000 to €40,000
11 months ago
30 Jul 00:00
We are an ICT company with an incredible range of technologies and application platforms. Our VMWare and OpenStack platforms are possibly the largest on the island. Our HP Storage and Compute platforms are designed to ensure we have hundreds of thousands of happy customers who can stay connected to their loved ones every single microsecond. We are a technology company and we do not see technology as a cost, but as our bread and butter.
If you enjoy technology as much as we do, we are looking for a System Engineer to join our technology team and help us manage our state-of-the-art infrastructure. This is a full-time position based at our Headoffice in Malta.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for technically-capable individuals with anywhere from two to five years of professional experience to take their careers to the next level with the latest infrastructure technologies.
- Providing technical recommendations on the selection of new systems related enterprise infrastructure
- Being responsible to cooperate with all team members to successfully deliver projects on time
- Monitoring, maintaining and maturing, virtualization, storage and tools associated systems and processes.
- Effectively overseeing installation and maintenance of hardware and software assets, within a framework of industry standards.
- Continuously identifying and recommending opportunities to leverage technology to improve the existing systems and processes.
- Producing technical/non-technical documentation for new or modified systems/processes
- Conducting proactive housekeeping of Systems and Infrastructure to ensure high availability and disaster recoveries are successful.
- Handling operations, support and deployment of Systems according to IT schedules
- Implementing company policies regarding data access, protection, integrity and security
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers, internal and external customers
The following skills are required for this position:
- Good Understanding of virtualization technologies, such as VMware, OpenStack, AWS, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, technical or computer-related degree preferred
- 2-5+ years of experience hands-on administration and troubleshooting of virtualisation platforms.
- Experience with Windows administration (Server, IIS, SQL, AD, etc.) and/or Linux server administration
- Excellent communicator, high energy, positive attitude, aptitude for professional growth
- Must be detail- and goal-oriented with demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Ability to pursue positive outcomes for assigned tasks independently
The following skills represent additional proficiencies preferred to be successful in this position:
- Network administration experience
- Experience with Storage Area Networks
- Certifications from VMware and/or HP