6 months ago
20 Jan 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
The SysDba Services team is responsible for the continuous improvement and operation of Government’s shared IT infrastructure including a Hybrid cloud platform (Azure and Azure stack) with a mix of IAAS and PAAS offerings, an enterprise level backup solution, the Government’s Server and Database ecosystem, and the Government Directory Service.
We are looking for a passionate techie who:
- likes to write code (using powershell, bash, python or anything you are familiar with) and tools (such as terraform and ansible) to manage scalable, reliable and maintainable infrastructures – ex. linux skills are a plus;
- understands the entire development process and tools required to make developers highly productive;
- is keen to gain a broad and deep level understanding of the hybrid cloud platform (Azure / Azure stack) to be able to solve problems and propose service improvements;
- is familiar with database engines such as Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL;
- likes to experiment with cloud technologies (such as CI/CD pipelines, containers and Kubernetes);
- wants to take the opportunity to learn and apply DevOps techniques in an environment that is constantly delivering new services for the benefit of Maltese citizens.
As a member of the Systems and Database Team, you will work with your team mates and others across the Agency to troubleshoot operational issues, reduce the recurrence of incidents, and empower developers and customers to quickly and reliably build and deploy innovative Government services.
Eligible candidates will hold either of the following combinations of qualifications and/or experience, related to ICT:
i. An ICT degree (MQF Level 7 or higher); OR
ii. An ICT degree (MQF Level 6) AND 1‐year experience in an ICT related area; OR
iii. An ICT diploma (MQF Level 5) AND 3 years' experience in an ICT related area; OR
iv. An ICT diploma (MQF Level 4) AND 4 years' experience in an ICT related area; OR
v. Five years' experience in an ICT related area.
Candidates’ qualifications, experience, and competencies will be assessed in line with the Agency’s Career Progression framework. Successful candidates may be engaged at either the standard level – Career Level 4 or the Senior level – Career Level 5.