about 1 year ago
29 Jul 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
The Solutions Architect (SA) works alongside the Lead SA & Architecture Team to ensure all solutions are based on a solid architecture foundation, right technology and that good design principles are maintained.
In addition, the SA supports the development teams to ensure that non-functional requirements such as performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security are being addressed.
The SA will be regularly liaising with Product & Business at various stages of a project to provide high level , discussions, feasibility assessment & address strategic concerns.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- You will be responsible for designated areas of the architecture in the company and you are expected to take ownership by getting to know the said areas in full, document, establish and maintain the goal architecture.
- Will form part of the Betsson Architecture team, and therefore participate in workshops/exercises/brainstorming/presentations/knowledge-transfer sessions with the rest of the architecture team and other parties.
- Participate in pre-solution work for new initiatives to outline high level solutions.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure all solutions adhere to established guidelines.
- Identification of refactoring activities needed to address technical debt, performance, scalability, availability, reliability and security.
- Support development teams and product owners make sure we have relevant NFR’s defined (KPI’s).
- Having a good understanding of new technology and how new technology can be exploited to improve our solutions and drive innovation.
- Initiate and drive proof of concepts and present findings to relevant audience.
- Contribute to formalizing architecture governance principals across the company by establishing guidelines around integration patterns, data storage, orchestration, messaging and other concerns.
- Maintain an open communication channel with the other SAs in the team, by spreading knowledge involving best practices, design patterns, technologies, identified pitfalls and on-going projects.
- Supporting the development teams when dealing with architectural decisions, designs and high incidents.
- Liaising with Devops and tech-ops teams to bridge the gap between the development teams.
- Benchmark systems, analyse system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Review existing and suggest new technologies, and clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms.
- Must be open and interested in understanding the inner workings of key concepts related to networking, cloud and various infrastructure elements.
- Create and maintain documentation of high-level architectures.
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution.
- During high/critical incidents the SA is expected to assist in any capacity and drive incident resolution as soon as possible.
- Give regular updates to the Lead SA & architecture team on state/progress/technologies on various data initiatives, this involves also updating relevant wiki/Jira assets reflecting progress.
- Mentor, guide, and be a technology leader to other more junior team members.
- Travel to different company offices (or other) for sync-ups with colleagues, spreading ideas and other business related reasons.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- You are a self-starter, proactive, regularly follow-up on tasks you have been assigned and give regular updates and escalate blockers to the LSA.
- Must have excellent communication skills (spoken, written & presentations), able to express ideas to both technical and business users and to resolve conflicts between various parties.
- Must be able to maintain your composure when under pressure and/or difficult situations Able to propose/design good solutions with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in personal time management.
- Have a clear understanding of how to balance technical and business requirements/priorities.
- You are a strong team player who offers help and regularly shares knowledge with your colleagues.
- Able to understand business initiatives to be able to drive pre-design work and outline high level solutions.
- Ready & able to travel for business purposes, approx 30 days a year spread out.
- You have more than 8 years of experience with software development and have held a senior position prior In possession of a valid university degree in a computer science field.
- TypeScript, Node.js
- Experience in writing Unit and Integration Tests (Jasmine, Jest, Karma)
- Experience in leveraging various caching technologies (CDN, WebApp Accelerators, API level, others) to improve site performance
- Knowledgeable of SEO and analytics tracking concerns which are to be factored in designs
- Able to leverage APM tools to troubleshoot and assess systems
- High-throughput, real-time transactional systems
- Automated testing and continuous integration
WHAT WE OFFER
Much like riding a rollercoaster, sometimes life at Betsson can be lightning fast with twists and turns but always FUN! Then again, what else would you expect from a business 75% millennial and 1700 strong, spread across 7 offices with 900 based out of our Malta HQ alone! We recognise it may not be for the faint-hearted, but if you’re a go-getter, initiator and adrenaline junkie, always striving to push the boundaries and challenge yourself, then you’ll fit right in!