over 4 years ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
To perform business analysis and propose technical solutions as required by the company.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Performs business analysis and elicit requirements for projects requested by the business, liaising with all business stakeholders including the project manager, other IT and/or technology teams, Vodafone Group and other Vodafone operating companies, local marketing, brand, legal, finance, fraud, security, and quality assurance;
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements and translate them into functional specifications.
- Researches and documents possible solutions for business requests, evaluating the possibilities of using off-the-shelf products, in-house developed products or outsourced to third-parties, after consulting with all stakeholders. In the latter case, ensures that third-parties adhere to Vodafone standards and are approved by Vodafone Group where applicable;
- Selects, in collaboration with the project manager, business owner and Technical Architect, the best option and documents the final solution clearly and effectively to produce detailed functional specifications that can be handed over to the development team or selected third party;
- Participates in decision processes related to shared services design and build (e.g. databases and middleware) and internal tooling.
- Actively participates in internal and external project teams, representing the technology department;
- Undertakes to promote teamwork and commitment with peers and other departments;
- Keeps up-to-date with industry developments, ensuring that best practice is adopted and seeks to increase efficiency and effectiveness;
- Undergoes training and personal development courses as arranged by the Company.
Technical / Professional Expertise
- University degree in IT, engineering or related discipline;
- 2 years’ experience working as a solutions architect or similar role;
- Alternatively, 2 years’ experience working in project management, business analysis or a demand function, liaising with both technically-oriented and non-technically-oriented clients;
- May also consider candidates with 2 years’ experience working within a software development function, specifically within the business analysis and design phases of the software development lifecycle;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Knowledge of software programming languages, databases and other IT-related skills will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of telecommunications network systems and services, and a general understanding of how such services are driven at the backend will be considered an asset.