18 days ago
A leading company in the Insurance sector is looking to expand their IT team with a Software Engineer who will assist with the development of software and web applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyse, design, code, test, implement and document new software systems.
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code. Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas and follow the software development lifecycle.
- Work on own initiative or within a team.
- Stay abreast with and learn the software engineering technologies that the company uses or may adopt.
- Evaluate new technologies and methodologies that the company may be interested in learning more about together with the passing on of learnt information to colleagues if the need arises.
- Provide service, support, and guidance as required to users on systems developed by the ICT Department.
- Operate effectively with minimal supervision.
- Be able to handle concurrent tasks whilst adhering to the appropriate priority.
- Write technical specifications, programming specifications and procedural guidelines.
- Contribute to the design and development of professional layouts and interface designs for company applications.
- Assist in training newly recruited software engineers and share the knowledge learnt
- Assist in support of hardware related issues
- Strong knowledge or experience with NodeJS and SQL environments.
- Knowledge of PHP and .NET is an asset
- Have or is currently pursuing a recognised qualification in IT at MQF level 6 or higher
- Have a creative approach to problem solving
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to work unsupervised as well as work well within a team