€55,000 - €65,000
about 1 month ago
A leading company providing enhanced network security is looking for a Software Development Manager who will be reporting to the Senior Technical Architect. You will manage the software development teams to efficiently deliver high quality software applications.
- Provide leadership, direction, and strategy for a growing software development section
- Work closely with Project Managers and Technical Architects to establish and enhance development policies, procedures, and standards ensuring quality and consistency throughout the architecture and implementation of the code base
- Establish the organizational capacity needed to execute the strategy
- Recruit and train new developers
- Delegate tasks to, organize, mentor, and motivate the team
- Determine the need for training and talent development
- Successfully lead a geographically distributed team, monitor the team’s performance, establishes plans for improvement, conduct progress and performance reviews
- Work closely with the Product Owner, Sales, Marketing and other departments to understand and assist in defining the system’s functional and non-functional requirements, and create the required Service Design Package and/or any other required documentation
- Maintains technical knowledge and understanding of the latest development methodologies and best practices
- Minimum 4 years of management/leadership experience in a software development and/or other technology related organizations
- Experience building and supporting high-volume, enterprise grade products that require high availability and quick issue response
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with various database and caching technologies
- Experience managing teams in different geographical locations
- Experience working with Third party software developers as an extension to the inhouse development team
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Travel to the Company’s and partners offices is required
This position allows for remote working within the EU, UK and nearby non-EU countries in Eastern European region. Nonetheless, the company is based in Malta and local candidates or those willing to relocate are preferred.