Competitive Daily Rate
8 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
The role calls for a person who is passionate about software testing. It entails the planning, design, development, maintenance and execution of software testing plans for a wide range of in-house developed and outsourced applications. The role requires someone who is self-motivated, creative and proactive, able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and diverse technologies. The individual will work closely with business analysts, software architects, software developers, project managers and other stakeholders throughout the software development life-cycle, planning tests, preparing and maintaining test data, automating tests, executing test iterations, tracking and reporting results, as well as troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have strong software development skills and a thorough understanding of software development life-cycle processes as well as quality assurance processes and methodologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field as a software developer or tester, ideally with practice in the latter capacity.
• Good programming skills in Java, C# and/or other industry leading programming languages.
• Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
• Experience working in different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.
• Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, executing and maintaining test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated) to support various development methodologies.
• Familiarity with entire software development life cycle as well as test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems & Integration, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity) and when to apply them.
• Able to perform all type of testing, including security, performance and usability testing.
• Hands on knowledge of automated test frameworks, preferably JUnit, Ranorex and SoapUI.
• Experience using applications and tools supporting source control and continuous integration, preferably Mercurial, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube and Nexus.
• Knowledge of other software testing tools in the industry, such as Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Sikuli, etc.
• Ability to work well independently and with others.
• High level of self-motivation, self-organization, orientation to detail, and ability to prioritize a large number of tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of testing objectives and provide realistic testing cycle estimates.
• Learn and keep abreast with the evolving functionality of systems to be tested so as to be in the best position to design corresponding test plans.