about 1 year ago
31 Jul 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
An independent investment, corporate and private client service provider, is looking for a Tax Administrator to integrate the team - standing to date at 700+ staff across 14 jurisdictions, including Mauritius.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Assist the director of the tax LoS in providing tax advisory and compliance services to clients.
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all information on the company, its clients and employees at all times to safeguard the professional reputation of the company, its employees and its clients.
- Advise clients and other stakeholders on their FATCA and CRS obligations.
- Assist in the design and implementation of new tax service offerings.
- Provide support and advice in view of developing and up-skilling the team members.
- Keep abreast of best practices and updates within the global sector and/or related field towards achieving continuous improvement.
- Prepare and deliver training sessions internally to the company staff to develop their awareness and keep up to date regarding FATCA and CRS.
- Participate actively in the achievement of the financial and non-financial objectives of the LoS.
- Review tax accounts and computations prepared by operational teams to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Prepare tax accounts and computations in line with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the Line of Service is fully compliant in terms of all relevant laws, codes, rules, regulations, procedures and standards of best working practice in order to minimise financial loss and protect the good name and reputation of the company.
- Carry out tax analysis and identify tax risks and issues for decision making.
Restrictions on day to day responsibilities
- Comply with all information security policies, procedures and guidelines in place at the company to ensure information security.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or finance related field.
- Relevant professional qualification in accounting, tax and/or law e.g. CTA/ CA or equivalent.
- Knowledge of FATCA and CRS regulations in Mauritius.
- Ability to analyse tax treaties and understand withholding tax regimes.
- Knowledge of international taxation and Mauritius as an IFC, BEPS etc.
- Exposure to international taxation.
- At least 3 years’ experience with Tax.