about 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Senior Systems Engineer required to join an established firm based in Malta in financial services.
- Setting up standard networking infrastructure. WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and information security measures.
- Implementing and maintaining new virtualised IT infrastructure systems on premise and on cloud environment.
- Implementing and maintaining Cloud services on Microsoft Azure.
- Performing cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conducting research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interacting and negotiating with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system related products and services.
- Designing and performing server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other disaster recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Coordinating and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitoring and testing system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Providing orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Providing guidance and assign tasks to IT systems administrators.
- Participating in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system.
- Updating agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
Education, Skills and Experience required:
- Academic qualification in Computer Science at National Qualification Framework level six (6) or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC), or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- Minimum of eight (8) years working in a similar role.
- Candidates with related Microsoft Certifications and with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Experience with Office 365 migrations.
- Experience with Azure platform (SQL Services and applications), Microsoft Office 365, Azure Security (O365 ATP, Azure ATP, MFA, Conditional Access).
- Expertise of Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint - Have expertise in virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft.
- Have good project management skills.
- Have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Have strong customer service orientation.
- Have experience with ITIL based help desk software.
- Be fluent in English and Maltese languages.
- Be able to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Be able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Be able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Be able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.