about 1 year ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A key player in the banking sector, is looking to hire a Senior System Specialist for their ICT Department.
The Senior System Specialist will have to provide support in the IT Department and will report to the IT Manager—Technical Solutions
Summary of essential job functions:
- Ensure Server Management, Database Administration, Server and Database Security
- Monitor Backup / Configuration and restore management
- Assist with Storage Management (SAN)
- Assist in Patch Deployment on servers and database
- Create, monitoring and maintaining disaster recovery
- Monitor Network (Performance) Management
- Have a basic understanding of networks for problem identification
- Install, configure and monitor Cluster systems with High Availability
- Assist in hardening of servers, databases and applications
- Ensure Middleware Management
- To be hands on with ongoing and new Project
- Perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- Help in administrative tasks such as SLA renewal, filing and follow up with suppliers
- Provide front-line primary technical support to end users on technical issues and problems
- To be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLAs
- Candidate should have 3-5 years of experience in database and server administration domains
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in any related field
- Experience in platforms like IBM AIX and ORACLE SOLARIS
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications
- Accurate records keeping and good reporting skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Up-to-date with latest technical knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Attention to detail
- Have a positive attitude and team player
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly on the Castille Website. You may also contact Deeya for more details on the role.
Castille reserves the right to call only shortlisted candidates for the next steps of the recruitment process.