8 months ago
03 May 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Senior Software Engineer will be part of a small technology team that is agile and delivers solutions for our customers in a fast and efficient manner. You will help deliver innovative technologies that revolutionize the Hospitality and Vacation Rental Management space. You will collaborate closely with different stakeholders to design, develop and maintain our Java-based platform, and the applications that reside on and integrate to it. Working closely with the CTO, and with your expertise and experience in engineering solutions for complex problems, you will help shape the future of our platform and applications, to continuously raise the bar in private accommodation rental.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to contribute toward the delivery of high-quality software
- Lead by example, championing best engineering practices
- Evaluate and provide feedback on emerging technologies to determine potential benefits and business value
- Leverage your experience in driving, influencing, and/or collaborating on continuous improvements within your team and across the department
- You have 4+ years of experience in a similar role, working on different software projects and you are keen on sharing the lessons you learnt with your fellow engineers
- You have a well-rounded knowledge of current technologies and engineering practices, and you keep up to date with the latest developments
- You have extensive knowledge of relevant technologies; you are an expert in front-end technologies like Angular, React JS and CSS3, and you are comfortable with server-side/backend technologies, particularly Java 8/11, Spring and/or Micronaut, Hibernate and/or JOQQ
- You are familiar with microservices and tools associated with such an architecture –Kafka, Zookeeper, Consul, Http/2, Docker, Kubernetes, Akka, Hazelcast, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Mobile App development technologies, such as React Native, Ionic Framework, Flutter, etc. is considered as an asset
- You are an active practitioner of test-driven development using JUnit, Mockito (or similar), and Jest or Mocha
- You are familiar with CI/CD and automation tools such as Jenkins
- You have knowledge of Linux systems
- You have a delivery-mindset; you set high standards for yourself in your work but are pragmatic and able to balance the various constraints involved in delivering software to produce satisfactory results in a timely fashion
- You bring a can-do attitude; you can think independently, take initiative, and take ownership and pride in your work
- You can effectively communicate ideas with technical or non-technical stakeholders
- You embrace core Agile values and you have a strong team spirit;