€40,000 - €43,000
2 months ago
31 May 00:00
Leading European firm with over 30 years of experience in the acquisition and management of insurance and reinsurance companies and portfolios in run-off is seeking to recruit a Senior Risk Analyst to join the Risk & Compliance team in Malta. The client is a European business with operations in Finland, Germany, Switzerland, UK, and Malta.
Job duties include:
- Identifying, measuring, managing, monitoring and reporting risks for consideration by the Head of Group Risk & Compliance and each risk carrier’s Risk Committees.
- Performing oversight and challenge and advising on new initiatives, projects, and potential deals.
- Providing actuarial risk oversight on reserving, pricing, capital and investments.
- Reviewing and monitoring the Risk Appetite Framework and suggesting enhancements as might be necessary.
- Contributing to the overall ORSA and taking responsibility for work-streams within the wider ORSA Process as well as providing risk input into other annual reports such as the SFCR and RSR.
- Designing and implementing Stress and Scenario testing.
- Developing and monitoring risk management tools including Key Risk Indicators.
- Continue developing and enhancing the Risk Assessment Framework.
- Continue promoting and enhancing the Risk Management culture.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar role in the insurance industry.
- Educated to at least degree level in a risk management, actuarial or related discipline and willing to study to complete professional exams.
- In-depth knowledge of the Solvency II Directive.
- Competency in Financial Analysis.
- Proficient in MS-Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be self-aware and diplomatic in all interactions.
- Ability to talk at board-level and explain complex issues simply.
- Able to deal confidently with regulators and internal auditors.