5 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Leading international advisory firm is seeking to employ a Senior Consultant to join the Regulatory & Strategic Risk Team.
The team provides professional services to clients in the areas of financial crime, regulatory compliance, governance and risk management. The Senior Consultant will work under the direction and supervision of a manager, and will be expected to contribute towards planning of advisory engagements, and have overall responsibility for the execution of work programmes and subsequent reporting.
Job duties include:
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of a client’s business and internal risk management framework and controls, to identify shortcomings and areas for improvement and make recommendations that add value to the business
- Carry out in-depth reviews of clients’ compliance with relevant regulations, providing gap assessments and remediation recommendations that add value and support the client in achieving regulatory compliance
- Carry out research and build technical knowledge on new or changing regulations of interest in all areas of regulatory compliance and risk management
- Apply previously acquired technical knowledge on relevant regulatory, compliance or risk topics in a relevant and proportionate manner to the client’s business and circumstances
- Draft policies and procedures that reflect the client’s internal processes and include recommendations made to strengthen internal controls and regulatory compliance
- Document work performed and findings in a logical, thorough and structured manner, in line with firm methodology and relevant guidance
- Drafting reports, including communicating findings to senior management
- Advise the client on solving control design issues based on industry leading practices and regulatory requirements
- Plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience within Risk, Compliance, Finance or similar, with a focus on AML/CFT and/or other areas of regulatory compliance (e.g. GDPR, PSD2). Experience within a supervisory role, or within the second or third line of defence of a business, will be considered favourably
- Knowledge and experience of AML/CFT regulations and their implementation in practice. Knowledge of other regulations related to the financial services industries will be considered an asset
- University degree in Banking and Finance, Risk Management, Business Administration or a related field
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Outstanding communication skills
- Advanced report writing skills