about 1 month ago
Leading regulatory body is seeking to employ a Senior Manager for the The Strategy, Policy and Innovation Unit. This function is responsible for providing advice, analyses and reviews on current and prospective strategies and policies related to key priority areas. This is done through the formulation and implementation of policies which will strengthen Malta’s framework for the regulation of financial services and implementing relevant policy projects. It also proposes new areas which could potentially be delved into and provides insight on how related frameworks may be developed, whilst fostering innovation and enhancing access to financial products. The function is also responsible for the implementation of the FinTech Strategy, which aims to establish Malta as an international FinTech hub, supporting and enabling financial service providers to infuse technology in product and service offerings.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to be innovative within an evolving environment, whilst tacking a challenging and varied, cross-sectoral portfolio of work.
Job duties include:
- Leading a team handling strategy and policy projects and related ongoing cross-sectoral policy work;
- Providing input to the Head of Function in setting yearly goals for the Function and also in relation to the development of proposals related to key priority areas
- In constant liaison with the Legal, EU and International Affairs Function, as well as other Governmental bodies and act as the main contact point to facilitate communication channels;
- Representing the organisation in EU and international fora and engage with other competent authorities, as necessary;
- Responsible for resource allocation and the coordination of team projects;
- Responsible for policies and procedures of the Function;
- Proactively leading, coaching and managing the members of the team, providing leadership and direction;
- Acting as a mentor to the members of the team to achieve their professional and development goals;
- Undertaking other tasks as delegated by the Head and the Office of the Chief Officer, Strategy Policy and Innovation.
- Solid academic background in Law/ Accountancy/ Insurance/ Banking and Finance
- Candidates would be expected to have a good understanding of financial services legislation and related regulatory framework.
- Possessing a warrant to practice as a lawyer in Malta would be considered an asset.
- Sound leadership and people management skills and excellent prioritisation skills, with the ability to define priorities and provide a quality contribution where it is most needed.
- Confident individual who is flexible and dynamic, having a critical and analytical mind-set.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
- Minimum of 8 years working in the area of financial services, with solid experience in financial regulation.
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least 15 years of relevant experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.