26 days ago
The Senior Legal Officer will be joining a team which deals with the engagement of new clients, due diligence processes and setting up of new structures in Malta including investment services providers, collective investment schemes and other regulated and non-regulated entities.
Job duties include:
- Drafting and review of legal documentation;
- Assisting clients with any changes required to the corporate governance and capital structure;
- Servicing of collective investment schemes and other regulated investment entities by providing the clients with suitable solutions in response to their queries;
- The set-up of and/or take-over of both regulated and unregulated entities involvement from proposal stage to set-up or take over, including assisting with the on-boarding process of new clients;
- Renewing and updating Memorandum and Articles of Association, offering documents and similar;
- Preparation for Board Meetings and shareholders’ meetings;
- Attending Board Meetings in representation of the Company Secretary;
- Maintenance of the client company registers.
- Recognized Masters Degree in Law;
- Minimum three years’ experience in the financial services industry. A preference will be given to candidates who have working experience at a law firm or who have formed part of the legal team of reputable entities operating within the financial services industry;
- Strong organisational, planning and client relationship skills;
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language;
- Enthusiasm and willingness to form part of a fast paced international working environment.