Attractive Salary Package
5 months ago
23 Dec 00:00
A vibrant, rapidly expanding, international, innovative corporate service provider that delivers high value-added services and tailored solutions to a wide range of financial institutions, investment managers, corporations and individuals is seeking to employe a Senior Legal Counsel. On daily basis, with a team of more than 150 of the best people in the business, services are delivered with dedication and personal attention. You will be working in a dynamic and continuously changing international environment.
In this role the Senior Legal has a client-facing position combined with a team lead aspect whereby the main focus is on training the team and providing them with high level legal support. You will be reporting directly to Management and will be working closely with both the Legal Account Management team as well as the Compliance Department. The Senior Legal will be responsible for managing all corporate and legal activities concerning a small diverse key client portfolio and is expected to continuously develop both personally as well as professionally and deliver added value to the legal discipline within the firm and contribute to the further growth of our office.
Job duties include:
• Responsibility for overall legal and corporate management of key client companies and ensuring (legal) compliance of documentation and processes.
• Act as team lead of the in-house legal account managers which includes the provision of training, provision of high level legal advice and coordination of external advisors.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the internal database of legal ‘draft’ documents.
• Responsible for maintaining a good standard of corporate governance within the Malta office, ensuring any legal, AML/Compliance and statutory requirements are adhered to. You will work closely with our compliance department.
• Ensuring that appropriate processes and procedures are in place to comply with regulatory requirements in accordance to the Group standards.
• Attendance and participation at client meetings, either on or off site. This may occasionally require international travel.
• Keep track of new legal and fiscal developments and anticipate changes in legislation and translate this into business opportunities.
• Recording all time spent on client matters.
• Ensuring that statutory deadlines are met.
Skills and Qualifications required:
• University Degree in Law.
• Experience within Maltese Corporate Law.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in a commercial/company law background
• To be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Fluent in English (both orally and in writing).
• Personal credibility, integrity and high moral standards.
• Quality focused, business-minded with ability to deliver excellent service to our clients;
- Work experience in the fiduciary/corporate services sector is deemed as an advantage.
• Great salary conditions.
• Holiday allowance.
• Private Health Insurance.
• Full time position
• Good work life balance.
• Stable and successful company.
• International team (10 offices worldwide) & (International) Career opportunities.
• BBQ’s, sport events and other social activities.