Attractive Salary Package
2 months ago
23 Apr 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well established international bank is seeking to employ a Senior Financial Crime Compliance Officer for its Malta office.
The selected candidate will join the Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) and shall be reporting to the FCC Manager, the candidate will assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of systems, processes and controls related to the prevention of financial crime, including: AML/CTF, ABC and Sanctions Regimes.
Job duties include:
- Assisting in ensuring compliance with laws, rules, regulations and directives issued pursuant to the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations, Bribery & Corruption and Sanctions regulations
- Assisting in monitoring the relevant processes in line with Bank's standards and regulatory obligations
- Assisting with the delivery and completion of the Compliance Monitoring Plan in assessing the effectiveness of processes and controls in relation to Financial Crime Risks
- Assisting in the investigation and adjudication of client screening and transaction monitoring alerts
- Assisting in requests for information and documentation received from the FIAU, Police Authorities, Courts of Malta and other authorities in a timely manner
Skills and Qualifications required:
- First Degree in Banking or Compliance or number of years of experience proving technical knowledge of the compliance practices in Financial Services Industry
- Certificate in Compliance or Financial Crime Prevention
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar position
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to analyse and escalate identified risks to management and exercise sound judgement with integrity and impartiality
- Proven ability of working on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to manage priorities within tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication both in Maltese and English language
- Proven ability to learn and to adapt to a dynamic environment