3 months ago
28 Apr 00:00
Malta Communications Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
We are seeking an experienced, flexible and dynamic person who will be a true 'right-hand person' with intelligence, a forward-thinking approach, commitment and above all else, drive. You will be confident in your abilities and knowledge and should be happy to share your experience to the benefit of the Authority. Reliability, attention to detail and pride in your work will be integral parts of your work ethic.
Prime focus of position:
- The Senior Executive Co-ordinator is also accountable for all external and internal communications related to the CEO’s office including co-ordination and drafting of PQs, the CEO’s public relations, both verbal and non-verbal, and the perusal of speeches and press releases directly related to the CEO.
- The Senior Executive Co-ordinator is responsible for liaising with all stakeholders to ensure that CEO’s communications are effectively addressed in a pro-active manner and that the CEO is well briefed on all relevant matters.
- In conjunction with the respective project coordinators, the Senior Executive Co-ordinator will be responsible for developing and maintaining models (timelines, milestones, deadlines, etc.) to ensure that the programmes and initiatives are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications).
- The Senior Executive Co-ordinator will also perform non-routine research and other administrative tasks related to the co-ordination and oversight of programmes and initiatives.
- The Senior Executive Co-ordinator needs to have extensive knowledge of the organisation and need to know who key personnel are (both external and internal) and understand the organisation's aims and objectives.
- Acting as a coordinator for the CEO’s office and serves as liaison for units; coordinates activities and exchanges information.
- Personal Support to the CEO; Provide full PA service, including diary management, appointments, preparing and dealing with correspondence, writing letters, proof reading, filing, setting meeting agendas, taking dictations and meeting minutes.
- Co-ordinate and manage conferences, bookings, travel arrangements, accommodation and related matters.
- Acting as first point of contact for the CEO including greeting VIP guests and responding to incoming phone and email enquiries.
- Producing presentation materials, meeting agendas, papers and reports.
- Working closely with the board members, management team and members of staff to ensure the smooth operation of the CEO’s Office.
- Following-ups on action items as required by the CEO.
- Establishes project work plan and calendar or schedules; monitors, reviews and evaluates progress on programmes and initiatives.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- Any additional ad-hoc duties as required.
Qualifications / Skills required:
- A related diploma (level 5) of education coupled with at least 6yrs of proven work experience in similar post; or a related degree (level 6) of education with at least 3yrs of proven work experience in similar post; or a related master’s degree (level 7) of education with at least 1yr of proven work experience in similar post.
- Experience supporting a CEO or senior board member is highly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Maltese and English languages; ‘A’ Level certificate in Business English will be considered as an asset.
- Proactive with well-developed organisational skills; highly organised with strong time management skills and with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in taking minutes and dictation with min 55 wpm typing speed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Tact and diplomacy, duty of care, and sensitivity to the highest levels of confidentiality and integrity.
- Preferably have knowledge of the mission and mandate of the Authority and the sectors it regulates.
- Technically proficient in the latest suite of office automation tools; Strong MS Office required.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to build great relationships quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and work efficiently with senior management.
- Ability to deal with problems as they arise in an unflappable manner.
- Professional, conscientious and proactive approach.