5 months ago
Database Engineer is required to join an established firm in financial services based in Malta.
Main responsibilities include:
- To ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively and that all internal policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To plan and perform periodic system reviews to identify possible gaps and process inconsistencies and propose re-alignment strategies including the necessary training programmes.
- To design and implement process improvements for the team under his/her remit.
- To act as Data Team Lead on specific projects.
- To drive the preparation of database policies, standards and procedures.
- To design and ensure the establishment of the maintenance, monitoring and control of the Bank’s database architecture.
- To establish, promote and ensure adherence to the data management standards, guidelines, best practice and techniques set.
- To monitor all data design, data security, and data modelling activities.
- Ensure that databases are setup and maintained against industry standards of security, availability and integrity.
- Ensuring that proactive monitoring is in place and health checks are regularly applied to guarantee maximum uptime and performance.
- To plan, manage and test recovery procedures in accordance with the organisation’s disaster recovery plans. Implements recovery procedures when necessary.
- To implement Capacity Planning and ensure that this is reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- To establish metrics for tracking and measuring the value of Data Management initiatives and infrastructure.
- To establish and monitor process improvements and efficiencies to improve on the defined KPIs.
- To investigate, diagnose and resolve database problems and optimize the databases’ performance.
- To manage the budgets associated with tools owned/ projects being delivered by his/her team, including active involvement in the budget submission process.
- To support his/her line manager in setting the long and short-term strategy for the team and drive the delivery of that strategy against a set of time bound goals and deliverables.
- To build relationships and liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion and drive a collaborative work environment.
- To perform Supplier Management for the vendors under his/her purview.
- To submit any reports and/or supervise any projects and activities as may be directed from time to time.
- To actively participate in the definition of an IT Governance framework and compliance.
- To perform any duties that may be assigned to him/her from line management from time to time.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Database Administration.
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing Oracle and MS SQL database environments.
- Extensive experience with SQL, PL/SQL and Transact SQL.
- Experience in Cloud Technologies such as Microsoft Azure and WAS .
- Linux certification LPIC-1/2 or equivalent.
- Oracle Certified Professional.