Attractive daily rate
about 2 months ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
One of our clients, a leader in the banking sector, is looking for Senior Database Administrator.
The Senior Database Administrator’s principal role will be to design, install, configure, administrate, monitor, upgrade and maintain the databases.
- Identify possible gaps and process inconsistencies and propose re-alignment strategies including the necessary training programs
- Be proactive and propose ideas & participate in the design and implementation of process improvements for the team
- Contribute in the preparation of database policies, standards and procedures
- Design and ensure the establishment of the maintenance, monitoring and control of the Bank’s database architecture
- Establish, promote and ensure adherence to the data management standards, guidelines, best practice and techniques set
- Monitor all data design, data security, and data modelling activities
- Ensure that databases are setup and maintained against industry standards
- Perform all assigned tasks efficiently and according to internal policies and procedures
- Submit reports and supervise projects and activities
- Participate in the definition of an IT Governance framework and compliance.
- Assist in the preparation of the Unit’s business plan and underlying budgets
- Liaise with various stakeholders across the business to ensure cohesion
- Assist their superior in the preparation of the Unit’s business plan and underlying budgets
- A B.Sc. degree in IT, Computer Science, or related computing degree, Engineering or equivalent specialized training in database management
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Oracle and/or MS SQL Server Database Administration
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing Oracle and MS SQL database environments as well as working experience on SQL, PL/SQL and Transact SQL
- Knowledge of database performance monitoring and KPIs
- A plus would be; Working knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL concepts
- Excellent understanding of database administration and management functions