Competitive Daily Rate
10 days ago
One of our clients, a leader in the Telecommunications industry is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join their team. You will be part of the Business Intelligence Team and your role will consist mainly on carrying out designated Tasks, Projects and Maintenance Operations within the organisation.
- Capture DWH Development Requirements from both business and technical meetings
- Manage BI demands from business units, rationalise demand and proactively identify best solutions for BI Team needs
- Manage data management activities from source system to target
- Use all sources of data to improve analytical capability for the company
- Continuously improve Business knowledge and knowledge on BI Systems through training and self-development.
- Enhance and Develop New Data-Warehouse Code using Oracle Data Integrator Mappings and PLSQL.
- Carry out system monitoring, perform code optimisation and preventive maintenance.
- Carry out Data Validation and Data Mining Analysis.
- Perform Analysis, Design, Development and Testing on New and Existing User Requests, Projects and new DWH integrations
- Create Detailed Documentation of New and Existing Internal System Processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5 years of experience as a DWH Engineer
- Highly competent in Oracle PL/SQL development or equivalent
- Working experience in Data warehousing tools such as: Oracle Warehouse Builder, SSIS or SSAS.
- Experience in Data mining and proficiency in BI reporting tools such as SAP Business Objects or QlikView would be a plus
- Ability to plan work accurately
- Good analytical and Communication Skills.
- Ability to work and deliver in a dynamic agile environment.