2 months ago
02 May 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Senior Cybersecurity Officer within Technology
The Technology Function at MFSA provides reliable services to the rest of the organisation and the entities interacting with the Authority through digital means, and efficiently supporting the overall business strategy. Among other things, it is responsible for technology design, cybersecurity, development, integration and delivery of all the information and communications infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain system security plans, information security policies, procedures and guidelines;
• Analyse systems, review security architectures and propose information security solutions;
• Perform assessment and security compliance checks including vulnerability assessments;
• Assess security events and logs via sophisticated cybersecurity and event management tools;
• Ensure that network defence, identification, authentication, access control and data protection mechanisms are in line with security best practices;
• Participate in penetration testing engagements;
• Participate in security risk assessments and recommend mitigations and countermeasures to address risks, vulnerabilities and threats;
• Participate in the development of ICT disaster recovery and business continuity plans;
• Deliver information security awareness training, and provide ongoing guidance to users.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in ICT but well versed in information security.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working experience in technology of which at least three (3) years in information security, with proven track record of developing information security policies. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.