about 1 year ago
15 Jun 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well established law firm is currently looking to recruit a corporate lawyer to join its Valletta office on a full-time basis due to expansion of its operations in Malta.
The Senior Corporate Lawyer, who will be reporting to Partners, will be working with both the firm’s legal team as well as the financial services team. The successful candidate will be requested to show initiative, take on certain responsibilities within the firm, work in a multinational environment and will immediately be given the opportunity to further advance their career within the law firm.
Job duties include:
- Providing legal advice and legal opinions;
- Drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding agreements;
- Drafting / preparing corporate documents such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA forms, pledge agreements etc.
- Assisting with all corporate ventures such as incorporation, mergers and acquisitions, share transfers, registration of mortgages over vessels, licensing, etc.
- Liaising directly with the Maltese Registrar of Companies, MFSA, Inland Revenue Department, Registry of Ships and other national and international governmental authorities;
- Assisting with reporting requirements to local and overseas regulatory authorities, Undertaking any ad hoc projects as may be required from time to time;
- Provide training both in-house and to third parties in related sectors;
Skills and Qualifications required:
- University degree in law (LL.B / LL.D); a Master’s degree (LL.M) will be considered advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years of corporate law experience, whilst experience in maritime and tax law will be considered advantageous;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, whilst other languages will be considered advantageous
- IT literate, with experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and other major software applications
- Ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base
- Keen to develop his/her experience through training, qualification and continuing professional development
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Experience in negotiating, drafting and closing complex commercial transactions
- Court experience will be considered advantageous
- Experience in tax, maritime and company law
- Be pro-active and willing to learn further and develop skills