10 months ago
06 Aug 00:00
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual who has experience in application support and now wants to dive into the world of databases as well.
As our Senior Applications Support Specialist, you will be reporting to the Digital Applications & Database Manager within the IT Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, administration, maintenance, and management of core IT resources and systems including Database and Application services. We will expect you to voice your ideas, and share your knowledge with the team and with Management to assist in decision-making and to contribute to long term plans.
The recipe to stand out in this position is to have an ability to demonstrate a positive and can-do attitude even in times of crisis as well as by showing a sense of ownership over all applications whilst ensuring smooth daily operation of all applications. Moreover, you will be surrounded by great colleagues who be happy to share their experience and insights with you. This means that the more passionate you are about technology, and the more ambitious you are to learn and grow, the more you will thrive in this opportunity.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- A University degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering or 3 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent Planning, Organization, Tracking and Analytical skills.
- A ‘can-do’ and positive attitudes
- Ability to communicate complex information in simple and concise terms
- Ability to show wisdom in making decisions and acts under pressure in times of crisis with a view to what is most appropriate, reasonable, timely and realistic.
This is how you can hit a few more plus points for this position:
- By possessing professional IT certifications (ITIL, CCNA, LPIC, SQL)
- Good knowledge on most of the following technology stack:
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server, Linux (CentOS, RHEL)
- Databases: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Applications: IIS, .NET, Java, Apache, Tomcat, Docker, Gitlab, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Sharepoint, NGINX, PHP, Bash/Shell Scripting, FTP, Ansible, SoapUI, SSL Certificates
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you'll be doing:
- Being responsible to cooperate with all team members to successfully deliver projects on time whilst addressing issues as appropriate to mitigate team conflicts and communication issues
- Monitoring, backing up, designing, maintaining and improving Databases and Applications systems and processes.
- Effectively overseeing installation and maintenance of Databases and Applications assets, within a framework of industry standards, by Third Parties
- Producing technical/non-technical guide and documentation for new or modified systems/processes
- Prioritizing work according to the company needs and escalate issues where contention arises.
- Handling operations, support and deployment of Databases & Applications according to company schedules.
- Adhering to company policies regarding data access, protection, integrity and security.
- Maintaining a healthy relationship with suppliers, colleagues, internal and external customers.
- Upgrading systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and compliance.