8 months ago
24 Dec 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
The selected candidate will undertake duties in relation to database and applications administration, systems analysis and testing. The job involves direct interaction with the technical team and designated business users. The primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain database systems in high availability using Microsoft SQL Server;
- Define users, permissions and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner;
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data;
- Develop, suggest and implement data redundancy in different locations, including the Disaster Recovery site;
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses;
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards;
- Perform ongoing tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity;
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions from time to time;
- Undertake application administration duties together with configuring and maintaining information systems;
- Implement effective software/solutions within the Authority using modern technologies;
- Writing and interpreting business reports and requirements documentation;
- Configuring and maintaining systems and processes;
- Administer business applications;
- Reporting on common sources of technical issues or questions and making recommendations to stakeholders;
- Developing test scripts and documents which may be automated or otherwise;
- Performing systems analysis whenever required;
- Assist in other tasks as directed by the Applications Systems Manager.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Technology or in another comparable area.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
Analytics certifications or equivalent would be considered an asset.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of Technology. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.