8 months ago
20 Oct 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
About FinTech & Innovation
The FinTech and Innovation function, set up within the Strategy, Policy and Innovation Directorate, is tasked with the promotion of FinTech and innovation within the domestic financial services sector. The Function is responsible for the setting up and maintenance of the MFSA's innovation hub and regulatory sandbox. It is also tasked with the authorisation and supervision of authorised persons under the Virtual Financial Assets Act and provides support to other Units within the Authority with respect to the various applications of FinTech in the financial services sector.
As Senior Analyst in Grade 6, the eventual appointee will:
- Lead and coach a team of staff;
- Process applications/appointments/amendments to authorisations under the Virtual Financial Assets Act;
- Monitor deadlines in the processing of applications;
- Eventually undertake off and on-site supervision of authorised persons under the Virtual Financial Assets Act;
- Lead and co-ordinate meetings with applicants and authorised persons;
- Prepare and present reports to MFSA senior management;
- Process queries and analytical issues, particularly those relating to the Virtual Financial Assets Framework;
- Handle any amendments to the Virtual Financial Assets Framework;
- Represent the MFSA in EU and international fora and engage with other competent authorities as necessary;
- Contribute to the MFSA FinTech Strategy; and
- Undertake any other tasks as may be delegated by line management.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law, Accountancy, Finance, Business and Information Technology or in any other related qualification.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of Financial Services Sector. Knowledge and/or experience in the field of FinTech, crypto assets and their underlying technologies, would be considered an asset.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a similar related role, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
The chosen candidate is expected to be a confident individual who is flexible and dynamic, having a critical and analytical mind-set. The individual is also required to have excellent oral, written and presentation skills.