3 months ago
09 Apr 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
As Senior Analyst within Financial Stability, focusing primarily on the insurance sector, the eventual appointee will have the following job accountabilities:
- Undertaking the identification and surveillance of current and emerging risks developing within the financial system.
- Contributing to research utilising econometric and financial modelling.
- Preparing and reviewing technical and analytical reports and briefing notes on systemic and/or other associated risks.
- Contributing to the MFSA’s publications in the area of financial stability.
- Reviewing and providing technical feedback on working documents.
- Preparing relevant financial stability contents on MFSA website as well as social media.
- Mentoring and coaching of other staff members in your area of expertise as may be necessary.
- Attending and assisting in technical meetings organized within the MFSA as well as at national and European level.
- Undertaking other tasks/duties as directed by line management.
We are looking for candidates with experience in the insurance sector analysis as well as a keen interest in developing risk monitoring metrics. You will be expected to be flexible and dynamic and add value to a multidisciplinary team responsible for the exercise of the above functions. You are also required to have excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
Strong knowledge of advanced data analysis packages such as Python, R and SQL would be considered as an asset. Similarly, experience in relation to financial stability/research publications will be useful.
The role calls for an academic qualification in insurance, finance, economics or other relevant studies at National Qualification ramework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level as well as 5 years experience in a related area.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience within the financial services environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.