about 1 year ago
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
About Banking Supervision Unit
The Banking Supervision (BS) of the MFSA is entrusted with the on-site and ongoing surveillance of licensed banks and non-bank financial institutions following the issue of their licence from the Authorisation Unit. The section carries out supervision of Significant Institutions (SIs) together with the European Central Banks through the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM). In addition to SIs, Less Significant Institutions (LSIs) are supervised through the SREP procedures. The team employs persons with a banking background, but also legal and IT professionals to support policy and supervisory work.
The Analysts in Grade 6 will be assigned to carry out work which will involve a number of the following duties:
- Coordination and planning of the supervision of a group of Less Significant Institution (LSIs) under his/her charge in line with the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) Supervisory Manual for LSIs;
- Coordinate work in relation to the Risk Assessment System (RAS) of the assigned LSIs;
- Coordination, participation and undertaking of the Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP) at the assigned LSIs;
- Liaison with the ECB and the EBA in connection with reporting related to the assigned LSIs;
- Other ad hoc supervision related duties as may be required by the Director and/or Deputy Director/s of the Unit from time to time.
- Represent the MFSA at meetings with the ECB held in relation to concerning the supervision of the assigned SI, as well as in various working groups, task forces and similar for a as may be assigned by the Unit’s management team.
The Analysts in Grade 6 could be also be requested to coordinate and plan the supervision of a Significant Institution (SI) and/or to act as subcoordinator of the related Joint Supervisory Team.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy, Economics or Banking and Finance or in another financial services related subject. Candidates with advanced knowledge of Excel, including VBA would be considered an asset.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the area related to the role. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience within the financial services environment, we would still be interested in speaking with you.