almost 1 year ago
08 May 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
About Securities and Markets Supervision
The Securities and Markets Supervision section with a staff complement of 44, is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositaries, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. The Unit is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable.
The eventual appointee will form part of a dedicated On-site Supervision Funds Team within the function, which is responsible for the onsite supervision of fund managers, collective investment schemes, fund administrators and custodians. The individual will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Actively participate (and lead, if so required) in On-site compliance visits, ensuring that they are delivered with high regulatory standards while interfacing with licence holders.
- Undertake initial assessments of the licence holder through the compilation of the pre visit reports.
- Provide front line support during on-site supervisory visits working closely with more senior members of the team.
- Formulate, maintain and compile internal checklists and otherwise prepare methodologies for the conduct of on-site compliance visits.
- Compile onsite regulatory visit reports by ensuring that exit reports are of high quality, robust, issued in a timely manner and address the weaknesses identified in the licence holder’s visit.
- Correspond directly with licence holders to resolve issues and ensure timely resolution of findings/ action points in exit reports.
- Undertake other supervisory work as delegated by line management.
- Participate in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific regulatory and non-regulatory issues that arise from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law, Accountancy or in Banking and Finance or in another finance related background, to increase the current pool of internal expertise in Securities and Markets Supervision.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of Five (5) years working in the area of financial services and/or compliance with financial services regulation for a number of years. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least Ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.