about 1 year ago
31 Jul 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
About Securities and Markets Supervision
The Securities and Markets Supervision section with a staff complement of 44,is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, regulated markets, central securities depositaries, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. The Unit is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable.
The candidate will supervise and manage a small close-knit team of off-site supervisors within the Funds Team,which is responsible for the off-site supervision of fund managers, collective investment schemes, fund administrators and custodians. The job accountabilities are as following:
- Supervise and act as a reference point fora dedicated team of analysts, in particular in relation to matters involving the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities;
- Manage and supervise the reviewing of financial documentation on an on-going basis as well as overseeing the compilation of a risk monitoring system for Fund Managers;
- Handle a number of cases involving problematic licence holders from an off-site monitoring perspective and liaise with other Units/sub-teams as necessary;
- Assume responsibility in the drafting and delivery of high quality reports in relation to off-site work, evidencing analysis of any major findings and recommending any actions;
- Undertake research, collect material information and conduct thorough analysis in relation to complex queries;
- Communicate and liaise with licence holders, national and foreign regulators as well as representing the Unit in meetings as necessary.
- Liaise with senior managers to identify and address supervisory gaps;
- Assume any other work or projects delegated by senior management.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law, Accountancy, Banking and Finance or in Economics or Public Policy or in another finance related background, to increase the current pool of internal expertise in Securities and Markets Supervision.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
The candidate should possess the following skill set:
- leadership skills with the ability to lead, coach and manage his direct reports to work effectively as a team;
- excellent verbal and communication skills;
- ability to cope with a large volume of off-site work, prioritise and deliver under pressure;
- sound analytical and judgemental skills;and
- ability to analyse large volumes of information, establish the salient issues involved and decide on the way forward.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in the area of financial services and/or compliance with financial services regulation for a number of years. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience,we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact email@example.com, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Find more jobs in Malta