about 1 year ago
29 Jun 00:00
Malta Financial Services Authority
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
About Securities and Markets Supervision
The Securities and Markets Supervision Function with a staff complement of 44, is responsible for supervising investment services license holders, collective investment schemes, trading venues, central securities depositaries, financial and non-financial entities falling under the scope of EMIR and recognised private collective investment schemes, registered tied agents and recognised administrators. This Function is also responsible for the regulation and oversight of activities in capital markets including the processing of applications for admissibility to listing on Regulated Markets, the processing of notifications in terms of the Securitisation Act, the supervision of the continuing obligations of Listed Companies on Regulated Markets in Malta, the supervision of the markets to identify any market abuse and to carry out any appropriate reviews where applicable.
The selected candidate will:
- Lead policy formulation projects in the area of capital markets;
- Assist in the development of the regulatory framework relating to capital markets and market infrastructures to address market developments and legislative change;
- Be in constant liaison with the Authority’s Legal, EU and International Affairs Function as well as other Governmental bodies and act as the main contact point to facilitate communication channels;
- Attend to a number of fora at European level which are hosted inter alia by the Council of the EU and the European Securities and Markets Authority (‘ESMA’);
- Participate during local meetings held at the Ministry of finance and attend sittings at Parliament’s committee stage;
- Take a leading role to implement and/or transpose EU legal texts into Maltese legislation;
- Liaise and cooperate with foreign regulators; and
- Assist in other duties as may be directed from time to time by the Function’s Head.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who would like to apply their solid academic background in law to innovative areas such as STOs. Possessing a warrant to practice as a lawyer in Malta would be considered an asset.
Candidates would be expected to have a sound knowledge of financial services legislation and of the financial services regulatory framework, preferably in the capital markets sector.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working in the area of financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least twelve (12) years within the financial services industry, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
*Dear Candidate, kindly note that this role is not managed by Castille. MFSA, in this case, is responsible to manage the application process. In case of any difficulties, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will direct your query to the relevant contact at MFSA.
Find more jobs in Malta